The CookAbility team.
Venetia Cameron-Rose and Tricia Samways started the Company in 1997 to teach the basics of cookery - and beyond.
- loves trying new recipes and ideas and has a wonderful flair for presentation and garnishes. Canapes, Starters and Puddings are her specialities.
- likes to try meat dishes and main meals with a mix of sweet and savoury flavours to compliment Venetia's starters and puds. She finds menu planning and turning traditional recipes into CookAbility specials a real challenge and great fun.
Our celebrated cook-helpers are:-
- has been described by our students as an idol, an inspiration and a Goddess. She has a great sense of humour and has taught loads of young men how to do the washing up. You will be empowered!
- our very own 'cockney sparrar' - ever practical and always comes up trumps.
- from the local Blackdown hills with many years of top flight catering experience. She brings a wealth of kindness, encouragement, good humour and common sense for all our students.
Equally at home preparing a dinner party or a family meal Jude is a real asset to the kitchen and provides great support and encouragement to the students.
Having run her own catering business for years Janet brings calm and a wealth of knowledge to the kitchen helping students create many varied dishes.
Guest appearances for a master class in knife skills and garnishes are often made on an inpromptu basis by Tricia's husband, Peter, who has a Diploma in Hotel Management and Catering Operations with many years experience in the business.
Peter also currently runs the Country Pursuits and Deer Experience Course.